Here are recipes I have made over the years or someone else has. They are not necessarily my own recipes. I have found them in magazines, gotten them from friends and from the internet, as well as cook books. I hope you can use them. Enjoy!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Cheese Garlic Buscuits

I got this recipe from a friend of mine who got it off the computer, LOL

I didn't take pics this time, but trust me, these are very easy to make and well I made like 14 last night and we ate them all in one sitting, even my little kids loved them.

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5 tablespoons butter (I used margarine)
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1/4 cup butter, melted for brushing on after they bake
1 clove garlic, minced (I omitted the garlic, just a personal preference)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add milk and cheese; stir to combine.
3. Drop batter spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (Mine stuck, so I will suggest you spay your cookie sheets with that non-stick stuff, I will the next time I make these.)
4. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. While biscuits are baking mix melted butter and minced garlic. Brush garlic butter over hot baked biscuits.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ames Family said...

These are really good. Only thing I did different was 2 cups flour instead of 1 3/4 cups and I added more cheese. You are welcome for the recipe by the way lol.