Here are recipes I have made over the years or someone else has. They are not necessarily my own recipes. I have found them in magazines, gotten them from friends and from the internet, as well as cook books. I hope you can use them. Enjoy!

Friday, March 9, 2012

Mexican Lasagna

First, I have to tell you where I got this recipe. I went to Southern Loving Food Blog and found this recipe, so hats off to Dysfunctional Mom for this awesome recipe!

I have tweaked it just a bit.

I use Morning Star Grillers instead of ground beef, since I am vegetarian. I know it still tastes good because my husband and 16 yr old eat it and they are meat eaters.

Oh and I used 1 cup of salsa and that seemed to work.

Here are the ingredients, oh and cheese which is not pictured, LOL I just didn't have it out. I use cheese blocks and shred it myself.

1 bag of Morning Star Grillers (or 1-2 lbs ground beef)
1 Taco Seasoning package
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
6 flour tortillas
1 cup of salsa (any kind you like and the hotness you want)
1 cup frozen corn
shredded cheddar (or any kind of cheese you want)

1. Cook your grillers or beef and drain fat. Pictured below is the grillers.


2. Then you add the taco seasoning package and the amount of water it says to use. I found it to be a bit salty if I don't add the amount of water the package calls for.
3. Add your black beans and can of soup. Mix well

4. In a 9X13 inch pan, put 2 tortillas. You may want to use some olive oil on the bottom of the pan before putting the tortillas, so they don't stick. Then you add your meat mixture and spread evenly.
5. Then you put 2 more tortillas on top of your meat mixture.


6. In a small bowl, mix your salsa and frozen corn. This will be your next layer on the tortillas.
oh and you can add some cheese here if you want.


7. Then you add the last 2 tortillas and more cheese.


8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I was supposed to take a picture before we ate it, but I forgot!
And this my friends is so YUMMY! I am so glad I found this recipe and that my family loves it, except for Brandon, he won't even try it...oh well I am still looking for a recipe that he will love.

No comments: